Monday, August 23, 2021

The One With the Photoshoot and the Problematic Model

I was trying to take some photos of a woman I know named Mariel but her name in the dream was Anna.  I had my DSLR and we were in a sun room of a house I didn't recognize, but three sides of the room were large windows with blinds that were open to let the light in.

Anna was horrible at taking direction - she couldn't (or wouldn't) do what I was asking her to do, like turn her head in a certain direction, or adjust the position of her arms or shoulders.  I even tried posing her like a Barbie doll and she wouldn't hold that either.  I'd fix one thing, move on to the next, and she'd move the first thing I had fixed.

At one point there was a guy there (maybe a guy I know named Otavio) who was going to be in some shots with her.  He was sitting at a table near a window in front of a typewriter and she was supposed to look over his shoulder at what he was doing, or out the window pensively, but she wouldn't look in the right direction.

There was also another woman that I believe was a coworker or something, and she looked like Victoria Beckham, and we were both wearing large Anna Wintour style sunglasses and we had taken them off at one point while adjusting the scene and we had switched them by mistake.  I put hers on but they were too big, but then when I put mine on, she said that mine were too big and that I needed smaller ones (which is true, I need small frames for my face shape in real life and it's always a struggle finding them).

While adjusting the scene, we found that the "typewriter" was simply a stack of thin books (like that wouldn't have shown up in a photo).

Also at one point, we were trying to take photos on the street in a big city that looked like maybe New York, and a drag queen walked by and wanted me to take some photos with his disposable camera but then he walked away and just expected us to get the photos to him.

No comments: